Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Fifth blog of the semester…

Wow this is already the fifth blog we are writing this semester. This past week has gone by very quickly for me. I’ve worked on my Lit Review and it’s coming out pretty well, I think. Just putting the final touches. There were days where I just could not get myself to work on it so I decided to solely work on my novel instead. I was very exciting to work on my novel this week. New ideas are floating in my head and I’ve been revising a lot. I think I will definitely be rearranging the chapters because as I revised I am catching that the story seems to focus more on certain relationships the main characters have and this is taking away from the main story line. I’ve been also loosely working on titles for the different chapter to help the story find its focus.
When I was able to get myself to work on my Lit Review I enjoyed seeing that I was getting work done because it made me feel productive and less frustrated. I understand that I am not always going to be able to produce and produce every time I work on my thesis project so I have to work on what I can when I have the time.

This week I also had what I like to call thinking sessions which is where I just thought about my novel and tried to picture where is my thesis project going. This helped me see the future of the story and helped me see where I needed to move things around and add some more. In the revision process of my novel this week I also indicated sections where I’ll be inserting scenes rather than telling the story. It has always been a struggle for me to show more and tell less. It’s so easy to say do more showing and less telling when you are commenting on some else’s story but so hard to actually get that done on yours. Overall, I continue to look forward to my thesis project and I’m trying to move along as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment